Dry brushing is the component of my self care routine that I consistently enjoy on a daily basis. I love doing it first thing in the morning before a nice hot, then cold, shower.
Benefits of Dry Brushing
Dry brushing is a quick and effective way to make sure that you are exfoliating often. This simple process sheds dead skin cells, resulting in for a fresher, more youthful appearance.
This detoxifying practice also stimulates the lymphatic system and promotes healing, in addition to improving overall circulation and blood flow.
3. Reduces The Appearance of Cellulite
By breaking down the toxins beneath the skin, in addition to stimulating the cells, dry brushing reduces the appearance of unwanted cellulite.
4. Unclogs Pores
The aforementioned exfoliation and detoxification that come with this practice lead to the unclogging of pores. Once cleared from impurities, the skin absorbs more nutrients as an added bonus.
5. Reduces Stress
Stress is a silent killer that needs to be stopped. Simple self care routines such as exfoliating with a dry brush reduce stress, and lower your cortisol levels. This comes full circle in supporting a healthy immune system, reducing inflammation, and promoting faster healing.
1. Buy Brush
- natural bristles (avoid synthetic)
- long handle (so that you can reach all areas of your body)GET NAKED! 🙂
- stand in bathtub or shower to catch dry skin that you’ll be shedding
2. DRY Brush
- D-R-Y Brush – do not wet skin, dry brush your skin while it is dry … with a DRY brush
Tip: Start Low
- begin at the bottom of feet
- move in long sweeping motions toward your heart
- brush each area several times (don’t wanna miss a spot!)
- finally – get wet – you can shower now (like normal)
- after the shower, pat body dry & moisturize