Set Big Goals & Make Them Happen
Making friends with fear this year is paying off! One of my career goals for 2017 was to become an action hero for Women’s Health Magazine! To be honest, I thought this goal was sort of a reach. I am beyond grateful that I didn’t let this somewhat intimidating idea stop me from applying!
“A journey Of 1,000 miles starts with a single step.”
A few thoughts ran through my mind during this process; all signs pointing to: “Yes, apply already!”:
What’s there to be afraid of?
- Failure? Boo hoo – give it a go!
What have I got to lose?
- Time spent applying. Sounds more productive than online shopping – give it a go!
Who do you think you are?
- Woah negative self-talk I thought we broke up. You are enough; you are more than enough. After all, what’s the point of putting in the work and denying yourself the chance of reaping the rewards? Do it!
So, I went for it.
Months later I found out that I had been put through to the next round. Even at that point I still for whatever awful human reason wanted to put myself down; “be realistic.” This is why I am so grateful for establishing a mindfulness practice on my yoga journey. I was able to catch myself here and reframe my thoughts; manifest that I could do this.
Almost a year had passed before I opened this sweet welcome package from the amazing ladies at Women’s Health Magazine.
Questions like these are sometimes a fun journal prompt/self – discovery exercise, so I figured I’d share!
You are responsible for the energy you bring to this space.
What does becoming a Women’s Health Action Hero entail?
- Helping communities across the USA fight hunger with Women’s Health Run 10 Feed 10 Initiative
- Becoming a voice for Women’s Health Magazine and their partners
- Driving the message for national advertising campaigns
- Working with the most active brands, sampling the latest products